Krista: Elementary School Teacher

I have been an elementary school teacher since 1990. I've taught grades 2-6 in Vacaville, California, Cartagena, Colombia and Beijing, China. I've spent the last 3 1/2 years teaching a reading intervention program and ELD to 3rd-5th grade students. Now I am working on my Master's degree in Education with an emphasis on technology.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Response to Myths and Opportunities 9/1/10

I found the Myths and Opportunities video very interesting. It reminded me a lot of the book I read and reviewed for EDU 742, The World is Open: How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education by Curtis Bonk. Both the video and the book bring to light what the future of education could be like with the use of technology. This vision of the future is exciting and scary at the same time. We've got a long way to go to reach those lofty goals. We need updated technology and extensive teacher training in order to move down that path. I believe our entire culture will need to fully embrace the world of technology before our education system can change to the extent that both November and Bonk foresee.

No comments:

Post a Comment