Krista: Elementary School Teacher

I have been an elementary school teacher since 1990. I've taught grades 2-6 in Vacaville, California, Cartagena, Colombia and Beijing, China. I've spent the last 3 1/2 years teaching a reading intervention program and ELD to 3rd-5th grade students. Now I am working on my Master's degree in Education with an emphasis on technology.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Using Digital Media in the Classroom

Using digital media in the classroom is awesome!! It allows access to a variety of delivery methods to enhance instruction including images, current events, games, videos, simulations, blogs, data sets, and more. (Cruse The benefits to student learning are many: developing a common base of knowledge among students, accommodating diverse learning styles, enhancing class discussions, and increasing student motivation. In my own teaching experience I've found that the greater the variety of presentations and activities, the higher the level of student engagement and interest.

References

Cruse, E. Using Educational Video in the Classroom: theory, Research and Practice [Electronic Version]. Library Video Company.

Grunwald Associates LLC (2009). Digitally Inclined [Electronic Version]. PBS

No comments:

Post a Comment